Instant download PDF pattern
1843 50s Style 8 panel flared dress with yoke
* This design was inspired by a vintage dress pattern for little girls.
The neatly fitted waist gently flares into a flattering skirt line. The yoke is sewn to the curved dress bodice.
This dress takes a little bit longer to make than other simple dresses but the look is well worth the effort.
I have labelled it Intermediate Difficulty but mainly because you need to get your fingers close to the needle while sewing on the yoke and sleeves.
Though the waist is fitted it easily fits on my older 18" doll.
See more images at val spiers sews doll designs blog. Search for 1843.
* Pictorial tutorial with line drawings perfect for printing out
* Bonus pattern pieces to make a fuller flared skirt. The pink version has the fuller flared dress. Because of this it looks slightly longer than the regular flared dress. The fuller flared version has a separate back facing.
* Perfect fit for the modern and older American Girl Dolls
* Vector drawn pattern pieces
The dress overlaps at the back with a half inch facing for a velcro closure.
The measurements I use are:
Height 18” Torso 7” Neck 6” Waist 10 1/2”
Inseam 6” Leg 7 1/2” Arm 5 1/2” Head 12 1/4”
There are no returns of PDF products.
This pattern is for personal use only.
The copy you purchase is copy righted as my intellectual property and must not be shared online for free, printed for distribution in quantity for classes or groups or sold in any form.
You may create garments for sale on a small scale.
Valspierssews is not affiliated with American Girl ®